LumiChallAsh

Re: Anyone interrested in....

Post#2 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 am

moogle
Site Admin

Post#3 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:09 am

not really :( sorry pal.

I have no doubt there are other good MMOs out there, RIFT is probably the pick of the bunch but I have no interest in:

a) getting hooked into another MMO.... ever again. They are far too time consuming.
b) leaving WoW for another MMO. In the past I have tried AION and Warhammer and both are just WoW without my existing social group. It is this social bond that keeps people playing wow and no matter how good another MMO is, as long as WoW holds the social group cards people will not change.

just my 2cents :)
Continuum Guild Master: 2010-2018
"Myther, mind the mines... Myther... mines!!!?... watch out... WHAT THE $%&* MYTHER"

Bloodsekhmet

Post#4 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 am

The first one looks pretty awsum, but i bet you have to pay to play it online. How much i love games im not planning on paying for 2 games at the same time.
And Meegs i tried rift(well thor tried rift and i tried it on his account)...it really isnt that great.

moogle
Site Admin

Post#5 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am

yeah I've never actually played RIFT, but it does seem to be the one getting the media attention thats all
Continuum Guild Master: 2010-2018
"Myther, mind the mines... Myther... mines!!!?... watch out... WHAT THE $%&* MYTHER"

snooze

Post#6 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:36 am

Tera just seems like your typical Korean MMO which after Aion I don't intend on ever going back to.

The Combat thingie with the need to "aim" is just going to become tedious as its seems to be just about keeping your cursor trained on something that fills most of your screen. Anyways I've noticed they are already merging servers down to less than half of what they started with in Korea and isnt meeting expected figures so if thats anything to go by its not looking good for the Western release.

Did my free month of Rift and it was Ok I suppose and perhaps if I wasn't already playing WoW it may have kept me for longer but ultimately it was just WoW repackaged and I don't see the point in "starting again".

As for the 40k thing, I really can't stand 3rd person shooters so thats a big No Thanks to that one.

Return to “General”